Monday, May 27, 2013

Heller One Quart Casserole Reunited

You guys know how much I like the Heller Bakeware items designed by Vignelli - I try to pick up even parts when I get a chance. About a year ago I came across the lid to a round, one quart casserole (technically it's the "Au Gratin Cover") - I think I paid $0.94 for it and bought it since it was in good shape (no chips, cracks, etc.). I see these occasionally as singles - I think what happens is that half gets broken - the glass can be a bit brittle as already discussed - so the remaining piece ends up in the donation pile.





In any case, yesterday while running errands I stopped by Goodwill and found the mating bottom for $1.91:





So here they are, reunited once again...

One Quart Casserole with Au Gratin Cover Height: (Including cover) 12.7cm (5″)
Diameter: 21.1 cm (8.25″)







I love happy endings!

-- John

No comments:

Post a Comment