Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Dansk Kobenstyle Small Baking Dish

I actually found this and photographed it back in October - yes it's been a while since I posted and I figured I'd get caught up a bit. I was walking into Goodwill and saw a woman carrying out a bright red Dansk bread pan and was hopeful there were other pieces left behind. I spotted this small baking pan on the end-cap towards the back of the kitchen aisle, otherwise it had been picked clean.


This is the smaller of the two (maybe 3?) sizes available from Dansk in the Kobenstyle pattern,  roughly 11" x 8" x 2" of baking area, featuring enamels of bright red and white and the iconic Jens Quistgaard designed handles adorning the ends.


This is certainly the best condition baking pan example I've found in the wild. Previously I found the larger pan for $2 at a Last Chance Thrift Store, however I still haven't gotten all the black gunk off of it - seems it was used more frequently than it was cleaned.


Apparently Goodwill (or at least this particular location) has learned that there is some value to these - either that or the particularly good condition inspired them to bump the price up a bit. At $8.58 it was still a bargain, but much more than, say a cheap Wilton pan used at around $3.



This example is marked Dansk International Designs LTD IHQ/France with the copyright symbol.




 I'm just enamored (sic) with the handles on the pans - much of the attraction for me are the design elements.



This pan along with siblings from the line are once again available at Macy's, Bloomingdale's and Crate and Barrel - this example would put you back about $80 but you might be able to find one on sale.

-- John

No comments:

Post a Comment